LAWRY'S PRIME RIB RECIPE: SEASONING THE PRIME RIB
- Mix 2 parts table salt to 1 part Lawry’s Seasoned Salt in a small bowl.
- For 1 whole prime rib, use 3 tbsp. of seasoning mixture. For ½ prime rib use 1.5 tbsp. For ⅓ prime rib use 1 tbsp.
- The seasoning mix should be rubbed all over the beef except the two ends of the rib.
- Place seasoned prime rib in a roasting pan and refrigerate.
Season and store refrigerated for a minimum of 12 hours before cooking.
COOKING THE PRIME RIB
- Preheat oven to 200°F for convection or 250°F for conventional/electric.
- Place seasoned prime rib on roasting pan.
- Place in oven and cook for desired time per chart for size and temperature.
|1/3 rib||250°F||200°F||3h 40m|
|1/2 rib||250°F||200°F||3h 55|
|Full rib||250°F||200°F||4h 10m|
Once cooked to desired internal temperature, beef must rest a minimum of 45–60 minutes before carving.
To accurately read the internal temperature, insert the included probe thermometer into the center of the meat, making sure it isn't touching bone.
- Rare: 120°F
- Medium rare: 130°F
- Medium: 140°F
- Medium well: 150°F
- Well done: 160°F